“The art of Marketing is the art of Brand Building. If you are not a brand, you are just a commodity”
– Philip Kotler, Marketing Guru
As an entrepreneur, or a business woman, or a work from home woman, your brand is your business. It encompasses your ethos and values. It shows your strategic direction and conveys what you wish to promise to your consumers.In a nutshell, it’s what you and your business stand for.Irrespective of the nature of your business, the importance of having a brand that works for you cannot be underestimated.
Here are 5 most important reasons why your business needs a strong brand support-
- Your brand gives you recognition and sets you apart from competition- In today’s market, it is critical to stand apart from the crowd. How do you stand out from scores of similar businesses around you? People like to do business with brands they are familiar with. If your business has consistent and easy to recognise brand, it can help people feel at ease purchasing your products and services.
- Your brand is the Point of entry for your business- From the visual cues like your logo to the way that your answering machine sounds, everything tells your customer about the kind of businesswoman you are. Your brand tells a story about your business and provides motivation and direction to your staff too. It tells them how to act in critical situations, how to handle challenges, how to win and meet your business goals.
- Your brand is your identity- Customers love to tell others about their favourite brands. They are more likely to refer your brand to others if they can recall your brand and associate it with good impressions. A strong brand is critical to generating referrals or viral traffic. Customers know what to expect from your brand and they in turn inspire others to try your brand. In this way, your brand represents you and your promise to your customer. It helps you connect with customers at an emotional level and they feel good when they use and can associate themselves with the brand.
- Your brand gives you and your employees a direction- It is very easy to get distracted and jump from idea to idea with nothing to motivate and guide you and your employees. A clear brand helps you stay focussed on your mission and vision as a business. Your brand can help you be strategic and can help you in concentrating your marketing efforts saving time and money.
- Your brand provides your business value- Your business stands to gain under a good brand. Your brand becomes as important as your physical assets and can become a part of your balance sheet. A strong brand will provide value to your business, well beyond your physical assets.
It is important to be aware of your brand and have a plan to create the brand experience that you want to have with your consumers. A good brand won’t just happen; you will have to thought it out and plan strategically. Brands can inspire millions of people to join a community. Brands can rally people for or against something. Products are one dimensional in a social media enabled world; brands are Russian dolls, with many layers, tenets and beliefs that can create great followings of people who find them relevant. Brands can activate a passionate group of people to do something like changing the world.
QWEEN can help you in building a good brand for your business. To know more and have access to our workshop, click here.